Saturday, October 25, 2008

Four Wheeling


How crazy are we? Instead of buying ourselves a new toy we bought the kids not only one but two. I guess that's what happens when you get board on a saturday, or get sick of the kids telling you they are bored and have nothing better to do then pester you. For SANITY's sake we made the purchase!

Darin took the lawn mower and mowed a nice path for the kids to ride behind our house. I don't know who owns the lot behind us, but love the fact they haven't built their house yet! I have a feeling my kids will be disappointed when they do build, not a great way to build a relationship with the neighbors. Oh well, we will cross that bridge when it comes. We almost had our first accident the first weekend we had the four-wheelers. We gave the kids explicit instructions, one of which was to not let the littlest drive. Well, that didn't last long. She came down the hill a little on the wild side with her older sister in tow. Neither of the girls could get the four wheeler turned in time and ran over one of our newly planted trees. The poor thing was laying flat on the ground with the four wheeler towering over it. The girls were fine, just a little shaken. I hope that they learned their lesson and will follow the rules now. We'll see!!!

1 comment:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I had a brother who wrecked and laid under a four wheeler for over an hour until another of my brother came and dug him out of the snow he was trapped in and he STILL didn't learn. Still another brother (different than BOTH of the above) ran over a neighbor girl, who was running along side of him while he was going off a jump, (he said, "I yelled, 'Move Buffy, MOVE!' but she didn't move.") - her name WAS Buffy! And broke her leg in four places - and guess what? He SELLS motorcycles for a living.

Moral of the story:
I wouldn't trust "lessons learned."