I know I have been a huge slacker lately, so I thought I would get busy today (I'm still in my pj's)! I have had such a wonderful Christmas break and thought I had better share a little with you. Christmas started a little early for us this year ;) We sent the kids to bed at about ten and happily went to bed ourselves at about midnight. At 12:36 we awoke to hear little feet running up and down the stairs, and to hear Santa came. We told the kids to go back to bed, Ha-ha. They kept sneaking down every ten minutes or so for a peek, until I couldn't handle that anymore and went upstairs to lay down by them. That worked until 2 am when the girls heard their dad talk in his sleep and thought that was the okay to come down and open their presents. I gave in, hoping, that if I just let them do it I would be able to go back to sleep afterward. It's great to be a kid! They had a good time with their presents!
We headed down to visit my family later that day. We were hoping to beat a huge storm that was headed our way. The roads were not fantastic but we made it there safely. We then opened more presents. My parents have always loved Christmas, and we always get spoiled. We had a great dinner and a lot of time to play with our cousins. They got a good 12 - 18 inches of snow that day, so the kids had a ball playing in it. It was a perfect Christmas until I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling so good. It seems we got more for Christmas then we had bargained for when at least half the family got the FLU! yuck! - not so fun.
We spent the following week recovering and relaxing! We spent one of the days at Lava Hot Springs in the hot pools. That was great! We then went to Montana to visit family there. We had a good time there, but I really recommend not traveling in December. The roads are almost never friendly. Now we are back to school and work and all the fun it brings.

4 comments:
2:00 in the morning?!!! crazy!!! sounds fun. o to be a kid. nicole
We didn't get to bed until 5, so the boys couldn't get up until 6...and Jeff found the two oldest staring at the tree then :)
I remember sneaking out to see what we had gotten.
Unbelievable! You are great parents to let your children get up. I would have hidden the presents and told them that Santa came and took them back because they weren't sleeping! I'm not SO mean - I probably would have given them back later that day. But nothing is worse than getting sick in the middle of the night the night after bad sleep when you aren't in your own house! Glad to hear you relaxed after that.
Hey Shannon- Just letting you know my blog address changed to www.dreamingofbeaches.blogspot.com
Post a Comment